tommy for dummies

Brian,
one of the great things about musical theatre is that you dont' really need any preparation. Most producers of stage theatre don't expect the audience to know the show, the plot, the music, etc. I remember seeing Tommy for the first time at the St.James in NYC after its opening on Broadway and of course I knew the story but it's not the same as the Who version or the movie for that matter. I know many people who are into musical theatre and they LOVE Tommy, even though they don't listen to the Who or even own the original album. I've seen many musicals without knowing the story or the music and the good ones are not hard to follow. I'm sure you're friend will have no trouble 'getting it'. You might want to let them see the stage version first because if you play a Who version (live or otherwise)first they'll be expecting to hear that sound! Go see the musical version then get in the car and when she says "wow, that was fantastic!" you can pop in the Who version and say, "if you thought that was good....listen to this!" and then she'll think Pete is Baba (even if you're not on LSD). Anyway, have fun.

peace
Andy

AOL IM: wndowboxN02

P.S - I see not too much has changed here on the list...I've scrolled through pages and pages of political and social dribble to get to the Who stuff...I don't know about some of you but I like to forget about all that other stuff here. Thats part of the reason I came back here and not O&S. All that talk has it's place and a comment here and there is one thing but these neo-political rants are just too much. And putting in a sly Who reference at the end doesn't make it ok!
thanks
love
andy

"I don't talk to musicians...