Picture Disc; T-shirts; Ian the Dick; Cult-ivate

My, my ain't Jo a prolific topic starter-upper!

Godmother,

>What ever happened to picture disks?  Did The Who have any?

I have a Who Are You pic disc that has the original album cover on one
side, and then a group shot on the other.  I like it, even though I've
never played it.  Makes a nice decorative piece.  Although the wife
ordered me to take down my Quad poster and the WAY pic disc.  Damn.

>I know what my favorite vintage <ouch> Who concert T-shirt is and
>why.........Black Max R & B......2nd fav is the black insleeves style
from
>1985.
>
>Anyone else?

Sadly, I had that very same black MaxR&B tshirt (which was my #1
favorite as well) but that got swiped from a laundromat when I wasn't
looking.  Ah, those shitty days back when I rented.  Anyway, my second
fave was a grey Quad shirt from the Quad tours.  Nice greenish tinted
front with the album cover proudly displayed.  I used to wear that one
when I gigged with a working band.  That one mysteriously disappeared
into the abyss too.  I was interrogating the wife about that one no more
than a week ago as a matter of fact.  Wives have a way of making their
husband's clothes magically disappear, so she was the number one
suspect.  However, her ironclad alibi cleared her.  I guess the gremlins
are Who fans and ran off with it.  Bastard swine.

>>Yes they did. I seem to remember Pete making some complementary
comments (about Jethro Tull)
>>about the band from the stage...on the Tanglewood boot?
>>

>yeah, that's right. it's on the maximum r&b DVD.

What makes it worse is the fact that during the Tanglewood comments,
Pete even goes as far to say that Tull were a "really fine English"
group.  How great is that for a relatively new band, as Tull was at the
time, to get such a nice endorsement from one of the heavyweight groups,
i.e., The Who?  Nice of old Ian to stab Pete in the back when Pete was
there plugging his group early on.  What a dick.

>the one thing they don't have, in my opinion, is the most critical
aspect to a true
>cult:  a charismatic leader.
>
>I am not an expert on cults, and all of what I know I have learned from

>reading news of cults that have been IN the news.  The most notorious
cults
>have leaders that WANT their followers around them, commune- like:
(Charlie
>Manson, David Koresh, Realians to name a few).

In the spirit of these great leaders, I would like to offer my services
as official figurehead, if you will, of the Who Cult.  I agree, Pete is
far too insecure to handle the job, and I would like to volunteer my
services.  One of my first decrees as Official Grand Poobah of The Who
Cult would be to carefully interview each female member in the nude to
be sure they are pure (and easy?).  Hey, it worked for Jim Jones before
the Kool Aid debacle.  Charlie Manson too; if we are to form a cult,
then diddling the female memebers is policy - sorry it isn't my rule, it
is a precident set by former cult leaders.  Secondly, I would like to
cultivate ideas from the female members, in the nude of course, in order
to have a more balanced sort of fanaticism.  I haven't thought of a
third policy to put in place yet, but you can bet that the female
members will be naked.  Lastly, if elected as Caesar of the Who Cult, I
will have my rivals killed off or exiled, and all the women naked.  Did
I forget about nude women?

Grand Poobah in Colorado