Re: Roger & Pete as Heroes

More on the Heroes idea. Here's an excerpt from an article on the TIME Heroes list, about how they got their nominations:

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/story.jsp?story=398816

Jim Ledbetter, senior editor of Time Europe, concedes that the new European Heroes issue, which mirrors a list produced annually for the Asian market, has "the outlook of an American magazine".

"Someone once said to our editor that Europeans don't believe in the concept of heroes," he said. "We decided that it actually probably wasn't true. Individuals do have their own personal heroes, but people have different perspectives in different countries.

"Our reporters are based all over Europe and we asked them to identify the individual personalities who were most respected and looked up to in their territories. We tried to group people loosely into different categories  'inspiration', 'activist' in the case of, say, Bono and 'alchemist'  but the criteria we used to select them were somewhat fluid."

keets