Pete and WHO

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us>
>Subject: Re: Roger & Pete as Heroes
>
>No one even mentions the "Pete scandal" to me anymore.

I've noticed that too.
But, when his name comes up it seems to generate some ginger stepping by friends.  Like they don't want to say anything for fear of getting me upset (like I'm going to cry or something).

>I saw a friend
>last weekend I hadn't seen in some time & he was more talkative about
>Entwistle's death & didn't even mention Pete's situation

Again, I've noticed this too.
I'm taking it as a bad sign.
Like even talking about Pete is taboo.
Like it's a guilty by association thing.
Either that or the scandal has diminished interest in him or something.

>Anyway, during Tin Huey's encore they incorporated the ending of WGFA
>from the synth break on.

Yeah, I see pockets of resistance.
One of our more eclectic stations here has really boosted the amount of Who that they play.  They now even have a (don't know the lingo) segway add that uses "Who are You".
This isn't a classic rock station by any means.  They are more of a "play good music" station, with blue grass on the weekends, etc.
So, I'm taking it as quite a compliment.
When I first moved here the station got my attention (always has been a fav. of my wife) by playing a bunch of really abstract Pete solos.

But, overall, I think the Pete thing is just quietly festering.
Pete won't be able to do anything publicly until it's all settled and announced.

And then.....you read about crap like this:

>From: Jon Dawson <thirdofnever@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Ian Anderson takes a swipe at Pete
>
> "<snip> Pete Townsend and Michael Jackson have other things on their minds, so I guess they wont be available, for starters."

Fu-UCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!
(Not you "Awesome Jon Dawson")

While he's not directly bashing Pete, Ian Anderson is doing his part to perpetuate the stigma.
Asshole to you Ian!

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us>
>Subject: SARS
>
>The WHO.  World Health Organization.

Ha!  I remember doing a double take years ago at a similar article about W.H.O.
I've even had a co-worker ask me if my WHO euro-sticker (available at thewho.org) was about the World Health Org. (I work in healthcare).
I was like......"um.....nooooooooo.  And, my Slipkid license plate isn't about falling on the ice either."

Sheesh.

Stay in Tune,
Kevin in VT