Re: Tim Robbins/Susan Sarandon

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:43:20 EDT, SicilianMother@aol.com wrote:

>First, for all of you who remember the story of my Who-hating dad, it seems
>after almost 3 decades, he has decided that he likes them!  When I come over
>lately, he thows on the DVD from NY that one of my fav. listers got for
>me........swwweeeettttt!!!!!

My (formerly) rock-hating father became a Who fan when he turned on
the TV -- out of curiosity -- to watch the CFNYC at the very moment
that the Who's set began. Then, after watching Mick & Keith, he
decided that the Stones probably weren't responsible for the downfall
of society. <G> He decided that they were all "good guys" for coming
here to do the concert, and when he actually gave them a chance and
*listened*, he discovered that he really liked the music. This after I
spent all those years growing up with him yelling at me to "turn down
that shit!" :)

He actually wound up going with me to see the Who at MSG last summer
-- and everyone who knows him laughs his/her ass off when they hear
that he went to a Who concert.

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org