Re: Who Bought John's Loch Scene?

>Many of other possessions go under the hammer in
>London next month. Sotheby's will sell some guitars on
>May 1.
>
>Around 350 items are being sold in Olympia, West
>London, on May 13, including guitars, stage costumes,
>photographs, awards, drawings and rare posters. They
>are expected to raise #500,000.

Does this mean there are two auctions May 1 and May 13?
Because the online catalog is missing many basses and
guitars that John was known to own.  I have a photo essay from Guitar Player
in 1982 of his collection and many of the items are not listed in the
auction catalog, of course he may have sold/traded these since.  Some items
of interest include a '68/69 paisley Strat prototype (1 of a kind), 2
Gretsch mid 50s and a '64 White Penguin (1 of a kind, owned by Mary Ford),
and several pre-CBS Fender Jazz basses.  And where is the Gibson Explorer
bass (3 known made), non-reverse body Thunderbirds used on the '71 tour, and
the Fenderbird used in '74-early '75.  Plus, he was known to collect sets ie
a P-Bass from each year pre-CBS, and custom colors.  He had an almost
complete set of Candy Apple Red Fenders back then.  I didn't see any of
these in my "quick" look at the catalog.

While re-reading the GP article John mentions he was only "taken" once by
buying a Gibson Discoverer bass that turned out to be a doctored EB-1.
This fake is lot 243 is clearly noted as such and still has an estimate of
2-3,000 pounds. :)

Bruce