Re: JAE estate auction catalog online

From: "Bruce" <bkawak@chartertn.net>

Maybe this will get rid of your temptation.  Most if not all
items are subject to a 17.5% VAT (value added tax) of the hammer price AND
the buyer's premium.  If you live outside the UK you have to deal with
getting it to it's final detination.
I can't find it on the site but there is a process to go through
"Exports from the European Union".   I know in the US there is "Duty" on
anything over $400.  Plus there maybe taxes by the state you live in.
Non-EU residents are exempt from VAT, but are subject to the export duty, as you mention. I doubt you would have to pay both.

Jim M