Re: JAE estate auction catalog online

> > Wow.
>

> Wow is right!  What's the exchange rate between the pound & the dollar?
> Some of that stuff is tempting!

Maybe this will get rid of your temptation.  Most if not all
items are subject to a 17.5% VAT (value added tax) of the hammer price AND
the buyer's premium.  If you live outside the UK you have to deal with
getting it to it's final detination.
I can't find it on the site but there is a process to go through
"Exports from the European Union".   I know in the US there is "Duty" on
anything over $400.  Plus there maybe taxes by the state you live in.

I saw someone mention wanting one of the watches.  Sothebys cannot ship them
to the US because of import
restrictions.  Therefore you have arrange for someone to collect the watch
in London and ship it over.

Happy bidding, :)
Bruce