DVD Burning

.

>Yesterday I finally got out the manual for my new computer and as I read, I
>found that it came equipped with a DVD burner...

Jon, you may want to seriously consider getting your money back for that.
After extensive research, I found that the burners offered with computer
packages had some serious limitations given the $$.
We opted instead to simply take the DVD player, and purchase a separate
burner that we then installed ourselves (it's idiot proof these days).
It would be worth your while to take that money and put it into a burner
that burns in multiple formats.  Sony currently still has the only one that
burns in all currently available formats.  I've got it and it's been great.
I also believe Mark has it.  Joe L., did you ever make the plunge to the
Sony?
But, re-read Pete's diary entry (although I notice it was removed) where he
talks about the not so distant future of DVD burning technology.

Kevin in VT