Re: Understanding Lifehouse

> Back to what Pete saw, I am having trouble with the "oneness" part.
> The note. The universal chord.  The vibrations.  The result of the
> atoms moved by sound.

That's the part I *don't* have a problem with.  I've read quite a bit
about "string theory" (a relatively recent, very promising physics
theory) which contends that all matter, all particles, may in fact be
made up of....get this....vibrating loops of string!
AKA, The Music of the Spheres.

> Pete seemed to be mixing Science and Spiritual things and was trying
> to reconcile them in his big mind.

I agree but even Pete would probably admit that it was more "science fiction" than "science." Especially the part about graduating or disappearing into a higher plane of consciousness.
That's a fairly standard description in Eastern thought, and not something that I'd consider science fiction. Remember that Pete writes on more than one level. There are generally two, and sometimes three levels of meaning in his best pieces, along with some other unrelated references.

I was shocked when he announced a few years back that he was going to attempt the experimental side of it again, using information from fans to try to create some (meaningful?) sound or note or song or whatever. To me, that's much more of an embarrassment than "Pinball Wizard!" ;-) Luckily, casual rock fans know nothing of this.
It's doable. However, I think the cost estimate for programming came in too high. It's not cost effective.

> He admitted that rock was not the answer. It is great fun and a great way to express our feelings, but what did it accomplish? Why does it have to end?
It's doesn't quite. The ghost of the experience is still there, and present in the minds that felt it. There are ties, however tenuous. After all, what are we all doing here?

So, if it didn't work, if the grand experiment failed, should he keep
attempting it?  Or should he focus his time & energy on other matters,
other ideas?
Oneness is central to Pete's modernist philosophy, so as long as he subscribes to this philosophy, he will keep attempting it. All his ideas will come back to this, but that's okay, as there are infinite possible ways to describe the effort.

keets