Pinball Wizard Justified

>From: "gern blanston"
>Subject: Pinball Wizard Justified
>
>I've been sporadically reading the debate about the integrity of Pete
writing Pinball Wizard. I think what everyone who thinks Pete "sold out"
needs to keep in >mind is that lots of great art throughout history was
undertaken-influenced-created from less than noble reasons outside of
"artistic integrity." Artists have to earn a >living. No matter how good
they are, artists still paint pictures that they think people will want to
buy, songs they think people would like to hear.

Yeah.
Gee.
Why didn't I think of that?

Thanks for your input.