Snooker Wizard?; "We'll be fighting in the streets..."

> Well, yeah.

Cuz Kevin:

So the point is that Pinball Wizard isn't even close to being a blatant commercial song, compared to a something like that one. Or Abra Cadabra (Steve Miller). Or On And On by Stephen Bishop. Or Sugar Sugar by the Archies. And so on, and so forth. Any given 3 Dog Night song.

Now I will be the first to admit that when I heard PW start during a concert, I'd cringe. "Not AGAIN,couldn't they just leave it out?" The same is true of BBE and especially Baba O'Riley. I've just heard them too many times live, they're only almost every live release, on EVERY bootleg I think. I'd rather hear something more obscure, like La-La-La-Lies or Cooks County. Besides, it seems to me the band lacks passion and feel they MUST perform them anyway. So it's like: "Let's just get through it..."

But bottom line I've heard them too much, and detracts nothing from the song. Baba might have been my favorite Who song at one time, and I know I loved PW when I first heard it and BBE too.

>Maybe it needed a Pong-Wizard to lead the mods?

Pong in 1963? They were playing pinball, pool, snooker. Maybe a Snooker Wizard?

>What's your wife's number?

Number one, to me anyway. I've never tickled her under the chin. Or anyone, now that I think about it.

>Yeah, don't go saying that around her.

Right.

> Without an alibi?

And hung out at the "Y."

>Hey Mark, is this another example of Repubs. crying foul, yet being the ones

They seem unable to take responsibility for their mistakes, like children. I wonder what they're going to do about the lack of WMD in Iraq? Whoops, that's why we went there! Oh, it's all Clinton's fault...

>There's no such thing. Name one!

Scott P:

Don't waste your time on explaining; he isn't able to grasp it. I know; I've tried. He thinks anti-war protesters were breaking the law, but pro-war protesters weren't. Uh, yeah. Showing once again a staggering lack of information. It's like thinking Fox is balanced and everything else is Liberal. Only because they don't understand that "balanced" isn't the "it's all Clinton's fault" mindset. Crossfire on CNN is completely balanced, for instance.

>Are you talking about the quote above? It appears to be legitimate artistic

Lela:

It also is a song that was released in 1998 and isn't specifically about this war. Yet once again Mc's assumed he knew what was going on. I wonder how many times he has to be proven wrong before he'll think before he reacts? "How many more times..." Robert Plant.

"I can kill 'cause in God I trust/It's evolution, baby "
                               Eddie Vedder

                 Cheers             ML