Re: FoxPinballDistortionPoo-Poo

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:10:21 -0400, "O'Neal, Kevin W."
<Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org> wrote:

>>From: The Real Me <emerald.eyes@rcn.com>
>>Subject: Re: MC's utter brainlessness
>>
>>Yes, you did! :)
>
>Well, I wasn't targeting you exactly.
>But, I figured a response would come from *someone* (on the right)!  hee-hee.
>
>>>The AP specifically sanctioned them as a result.
>>
>>I never heard *that*. And even if that did happen, it's ludicrous.
>
>I saw it in The Washington Post and on other on-line media right around the 2000 election.
>Complaint was regarding the behind the scene staffing of many loyal Bush-ites at Fox.
>AP condemned Fox for the hiring of blatantly right-wing supporters.
>Of particular note was the Bush relative who was then put in charge of "calling" the election.
>That, according to the AP, was a *big* no-no.
>
>tsk-tsk.

Was it some sort of "official AP" thing or an opinion piece?

As for hiring blatant supporters of either side, the other two cable
news channels are far more one-sided.

>>Again, I ask what other cable channel has as many people from both
>>political sides with their own nightly shows, as regular panelists,
>>etc.
>
>It's the people calling the shots that counts in my book.

Like the leftists at CNN and MSNBC? :)

>>They only *appear* so tilted to the right because the others are so
>>blatantly tilted to the left.
>
>Ok.
>
>>They're not perfect and I do think they
>>lean to the right, but far less than, say, CNN is very leftist.
>
>It just strikes me that *every* rightly friend that I have has sworn their allegiance to Fox.
>They all have sworn to me how impartial Fox is. "Give it a try Kevin".

Well, for me, it's a relief not to have to clench my stomach every
time I watch the news because of leftie biases.

>I gave it a try.  My wife and I have given it multiple tries.
>And we both have found it blatantly biased.
>We're pretty objective people, and we don't see the same bias on any other news outlet.

If you honestly don't believe that CNN, Peter Jennings, Dan Rather,
etc., are biased, then you're not as objective as you say. Not that
it's a bad thing. <g>

>Not even Abu-dabi!
>Abu----Dabi!
>Everyone, say it together!
>Abu----Dabi!
>It's fun!
>Abu---Dabi!!!!

Actually, I've seen some Abu Dabai footage on FNC. In fact, I just
watched some pissed off Iraqis -- with a little help from some US
troops -- pull down a 20-foot high statue of Hussein.

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org