Antichrist Superstore; PW an embarrassment; Quad; Vedder

>From: Zenswhen
>Subject: Re: Antichrist Superstore; PW an embarrassment; Quad; Vedder
>
>Kevin:
>
>I can't see that. I think for instance We Built This City by Starship was a
more blatant commercial song. Not to mention that it sucks.

Well, yeah.

>Cheater! You KNOW Quad is my favorite Who! That being said, when the album
came out Quad didn't sell well and was considered a failure.

Maybe it needed a Pong-Wizard to lead the mods?

>>The less 'playing up to the crowd' there is, and purer the content, the
>>better the product, in my opinion.
>
>There's a lot to that.

Totally.  This is heavy shit.  E-mail is probably the worst way to dig to
the bottom of this.
It's definitely taking too much time, for me.

>>Or the sound you make when someone tickles you under the chin?
>Uh, I wouldn't know.

What's your wife's number?

>Hausfrau, anyone?

Ahhhh, I'm with ya now.
Yeah, don't go saying that around her.

>OK, and if you didn't know that little fact about the song (which few of us
did, at the time) would you still feel that way?

I'd still pause, as I did at the time, and go "pinball wizard?".
JUST A PAUSE!
Not "Ohhhhh, this is all a total embarrassment and joke!
Booooooooooooooooooo!"

>That's a more common thing to happen, but I think Mod was the one thing Jim
could depend on, and that was the big one.

Oh, I agree with you there.  But, the two together, spelled disaster.

>Jimmy, however, had no love at the point in the story. His parents had
thrown him out (while drunk on Stout) and his girlfriend passed him by....

Without an alibi?
Add that on top, and man, as Scott said, a recipe for mental breakdown.
I've been there.

Kevin in VT