freedoms destroyed? poppycock

> President Scumbag's attempt to systematically destroy all of our
> freedoms will backfire and fail. It's sad though that the small right-wing
> minority on this list aren't bothered by such things. Fuck
> them.

Which freedoms are those?

Free press: intact, criticizing the president, analyzing his policies, covering all those who support and oppose him, etc, etc, etc.  Bush hasn't curtailed press one iota.  The military has journalists embedded with actual units, for God's sake.

Free speech: as long as public safety isn't threatened, more protected than ever.  Mass demonstartions given WAY more attention than they probably deserve considering public opinion on the war.  The only people arrested or hurt are those who break the law.  Free assembly goes hand in hand with speech and must be "peaceable," as per the US consitution.  Bush has not even commented on protestors or sent Fed government to curtail them in any way.  The government has not taken ANY action or even made a verbal or written response to The Dixie Chicks, Eddie Vedder, Sarandon, Sheen, or whomever.  Who is destroying their rights?  If people want to speak out against them and boycott their ventures/products, isn't THAT free expression?

The U.S. remains the country with the greatest personal freedom guaranteed to citizens in the WORLD.  Bush has not done ANYTHING to hinder this.  Enemy combatants in the war on terror are not entitled to such freedoms.  When the administration tries to use the government to stifle Sean Penn or Mike Farrell or the embarrassing LA Times, I will be the first person calling for Bush to resign.  This will not happen, and anyone who states otherwise is displaying their ignorance prominently.

Mc