Not Mobile and Quad spec

>From: Zenswhen <bushchoked
>Subject: Re: Not Mobile and Quad spec & supporting Who fan Eddie Vedder
>
>Kevin:
>
>You guys are just nuts.

Cookoo for Cocoa Puffs?

>Uh huh. You and Kevin probably have online tornaments.

That's "toast and tournaments".
:-)
Damn, figured us out.

>>It's the fact that Pete blatantly was masturbating the masses to get them
to accept Tommy.

>You could say the same of any single they did, from ICE to YBYB.

Well, not all of their singles, but yes, exactly.  You see my point.
But, PW is by far the most blatant in the Who catalogue.  Most blatant in
any bands catalogue, for that matter.

>You know, this idea of "Art over money" is a joke. These guys were in
business to make money. If you want Art without commercial aspirations, try
Captain >Beefheart.

I'm not arguing that.  Of course there has to be a degree of pleasing the
public.
But, look how unbelievable Quad is.  True to the core, emotions and feelings
as exposed as they can be.
The less 'playing up to the crowd' there is, and purer the content, the
better the product, in my opinion.
Hell, isn't that one of your complaints about GM's guitar playing?
It's been done before.  It's old.  Why?  Because there was a certain amount
of demand for such "trite" things.

>>Not even close. Follow me. I'm a sensation.
>
>You underwhelm as I approach you.

Don't they all.

>>Tea, in German, is Tee.
>And a type of shirt. And a golfer's best friend. But Tee is also slang for
Pot.

Or the sound you make when someone tickles you under the chin?

>>I still get my haus and house mixed up.
>
>Any comment I make would only ensure that Tania never speak to me. And we
wouldn't want that.

Let's leave the wives out of this, shall we.  Got something to say?  Speak
up man!

>The Germans and their pretzels and coffee are a strong contender.
>
>YECH! And I'm part German, too.

Dude, fresh hot soft pretzels straight from the local bakery early in the
morning.
Smeared with butter.  Pot of hot coffee.
Oh Yeah!

>My Wife is more serious humor.

No question.

>Nothing gimicky about PW.

Come on, it was purposely written to satisfy a critic.
That's the definition of gimmick.  I just looked it up!

>but it's his friends not living up to the ideal of the movement.
>
>But I never thought I'd be let down by being a Mod."

Exactly.  It's *all* fake.  All of it.

>See, that indicates it's the Mod movement, not his friends.

I don't believe you can discount the betrayal of his friends not having the
same belief as Jimmy.  Taking the movement as seriously as Jimmy.
But, I won't argue that being let down by 'being a Mod', was more severe.
It was his whole belief system.

I think Scott nailed it when he wrote:

"It's one thing to be alone.  That's bad.  It's another thing to be a
part of a large social group & yet *still* feel alone.  That's a recipe
for mental disaster."

All of it together makes for one very hard landing in reality.

>Love is a wonderful thing, but it's not the end all and be all.

No, but sometimes it's all you have left.  And, it's the root.

>>Mod is a way of life. You know that!
>
>I still think it's that "way of life" he's rejecting.

He'll never turn his back on his personal feelings of rebellion and import.
The movement may have let him down, but the feelings and ideals of Mod will
get him through life.

Kevin in VT