toast and *TEA* and Jim-my.

>From: Zenswhen
>Subject: Not Mobile and Quad spec
>
>>And, don't forget the toast and tee!
>
>Kevin:
>
>That's "toast and tea."

Tea, in German, is Tee.  I still get my haus and house mixed up.
Would that qualify as a "picky, picky"?

>Even on the road, the Brits WILL have their traditions. I prefer coffee and
bagels, myself.

The Germans and their pretzels and coffee are a strong contender.

>No, really, the rest of WN is such mature, powerful and intelligent Rock
music...then here comes "I'm just a hippie gypsy/Beep beep!"

See, now this is the similar complaint that AEB has about MW.  In the
context of Lifehouse, I agree on both counts.  But, on WN, to me, it's
actually MW that allows the additional departure of GM. Or, vise-versa.
But, GM actually fits into the story.  It's the light hearted ditty that
equates to a kind of calm before the storm.
So, I put GM as much more crucial  to WN than MW.

>Also while interesting the "guitar enveloper" effect is rather trite. The
rest of the album is anti-gimmick, and (as I understand it) the band was
moving away FROM >their gimmicky past.

Ahhhhh, and here is my Pinball Wizard complaint.
I agree, but it happens so rarely, that I look past it.  Kind of gives the
general public the obvious high.

> I didn't mean to imply there was something wrong with schoolgirls.

Nothing wrong with schoolgirls.  Doh!  ;-o

>The way schoolboys treat them,

Doh! ;-o

>Jim:
>That's right...leave me here, all alone, twisting in the wind...

Hey, he who fart in church, must sit in own pew.

>Try "Road Fever" by Foghat

Eh.

>"Me And Bobby McGee" by Janis

moment of silence.....................
Hell yes on that!  Woooooooohawwwwww!
My wedding song was by Janis.
Queen of Punk.

>(really a hitchhiking song, but hey I used to hitch all over the country
so...)

Hey, me too.  Well, from school to home, to the coast, and back again.  Oh,
and a few times to Penn State and back to visit girl friend.

>Going Mobile might work if I planned to go to Disneyland or somewhere
equally silly...Dollywood or something...

Ouch!

>Scott:
>
>I think it's the movement.

<biting tongue>

>He thought it was the way to live (what most are looking for at his age),
the answer, the path, the key. And it was all too human and flawed like
everything human->created tends to be.

Yeah but it was also his friends, who helped make up the movement, that were
the "human" factor in it all and thus caused the disappointment.
So, it's both.

>>I mean, what was Jimmy trying to escape from?
>
>His ideals about Mod. Angry because it's not what he thought it was (which
means angry at himself).

His crappy, fucked up life that was just confirmed because he now knew that
what he believed in and hoped would be his light, was a bunch of crap too.
He was finding independence.  He was coming to grips.  Facing the facts.
Bucking up.  Chin-ning up?

>The movie of course has a gesture, the destruction of the scooter, to show
he's rejected Mod and is ready to move on.

See, but I see "the gesture" and the turning to love as really being the
same thing.  He's turning away from the bunch of crap and focusing on the
one true "John Lennon"-ish trait in humans....love.  He's moving on.  He's
starting to focus on what's important.

>>Or did the entire *movement* let him down? Is he rejecting Mod altogether?

As a "movement"........chhhh..............yes.  But, he's not rejecting the
philosophy.
Mod is a way of life.
You know that!

Kevin in VT