Re: entwistle's tommy songs

Agreement in totality.

AEB~

From: "Kevin O'Neal" <kevinandt@gmavt.net>
To: <thewho@igtc.com>
Subject: entwistle's tommy songs Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 14:28:02 -0500

>From: "An English Boy"
>Subject: Re: entwistle's tommy songs
>
>BTW, I think Pinball Wizard is crap, as a song, total rubbish, bullshit,
meaningless fodder.....I never care to hear PW again,
>...EVER!

It's the embarrassment of the album.  Not necessarily musically (imo), but
conceptually.  I've had several friends, particularly younger ones who may
have missed the whole pinball craze, complain to me about it.  "What's the
deal with pinball?"  and...."I like Tommy, but can't get with the whole
pinball thang."  They kind of laugh like it's a joke, and silly.  Which, it
is.
To me, a classic example of sell out.
Again, in my opinion, one of the worst decisions of The Who's career.
But, then again, it paid off.

Kevin in VT