Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V10 #106

>>>But also love MW. For me, the weakest WN track always has been and
>>>remains Going Mobile. It's just too loose and unruly compared to the rest of
>>>the songs. I'm also bothered by the "Beep beep." It just seems a little
>>>trite (again) compared to the rest of the album. The demo, on the other
>>>hand, is pretty great.

Wow. I've always *adored* Going Mobile. May I suggest you go back and
listen to the Moon's drumming, especially towards the end. It's also
one of Townshend's wierdest guitar licks. And as for the
beep beep - I spent several hours once attempting to sing it at exactly the
right time - it's off beat and oddly syncopated....

               Jamie Sethian