Re: Thomas' real weak points.....ALL Who-> album/concert weak poi nts....

> so....go ahead....hate me/flame me...I'm used to it, and, I really
> don't care.

Let me step right up to the plate, then.  ;-)

> .....are the John Entwistle songs.....they do not compliment Pete's
> sophisticated melodies and arrangements, are awkward when placed in
> the middle of a thematic work like THOMAS

Awkward?  Hardly.  Entwistle's songs often provide well-needed comic
relief to Pete's heavy-handedness.  Comic relief.  It's an artistic
tradition.

And as for Entwistle's contributions on TOMMY, I believe they compliment
Pete's songs quite well & aren't intrusive in the least.

Pete was extremely lucky to have such a talented secondary writer in the
band like John.  Many of his contributions are fan favorites.

> ......as much as I like Entwistle's music *in and of itself,* I could
> easily live w/o his songs on Who-> albums.

<gasp>  What a horrible thing to say.  In one statement you're writing
off many, many great Entwistle songs.  I don't need to go through the
list.

> that said....I never want to hear My Wife again....

"My Wife" has never been one of my favorite OX songs, either.  I'll let
you go on that one.  ;-)  It does provide a nice framework for live
jamming though.  One which Pete takes full advantage of.

Still, some shocking revelations from the English Boy.  Doesn't care for
Entwistle songs on Who albums.  They get in the way of Pete's genius.

Well, I'll leave you with this:  Which is more sophisticated & mature?
"When I Was A Boy" or "Squeeze Box?"

- SCHRADE in Akron