Re: Drugs & RnR

In a message dated 9/30/02 9:54:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bushchoked@yahoo.com writes:

> Jon:
>
> You know, that's usually a bad sign. When they say they AREN'T coming back,
> that's when they do. So...

Yeah, I had the same thought too, especially since it was Pete that said it.
But to keep that door open is wise on his part.  I only want The Who to go on
if they are having fun and really want to do it themselves, which has
obviously been the case this summer -minus the pain of losing John. As Dave
Davies once said "If your heart's not in it, it's over.  Everything aside, if
your heart's still there, you've got something to go on."  If Pete's heart is
in it something great will happen.  I don't think money has a thing to do
with it at this point now. No more french wine to worry about.

>>>I don't know...it amazes me that any adult would do Heroin and Crack and
Ecstasy, because who doesn't know the consequences by now? Yet they do.

That is what is so sad and alarming.  Take cigarette smoking,-  when I was
young I saw all the people that were trying to quit and couldn't. I just
figured that I better not start!  I did not ever smoke and I am not addicted
to nicotene. That was just using my brain. When I was 18 and Pete kicked
booze and publucly declared it to many "boos" at the Silverdome, I made a
concious decision to never get started.  I am very grateful to Pete for that.

I know that there are people that go to these serious drugs just because they
have to have it like I have to have air. There are also deep wounds in people
that push them to find some kind of relief. Then they get chemically
addicted.  I understand this. I am married to a heroin addict.  I love her
very much. Pete Townshend is a great encouragement to her in her fight. She
shed tears and recieved much comfort when she read "A different bomb".  This
is a HUGE problem that effects our entire society.  It is not merely about
doing drugs.

Jon in Mi.