Drugs & RnR = Boston II

>From: "Mark R. Leaman"
>Subject: Re: Drugs & RnR
>
>Between doing coke with a heart condition and stepping out in front of a
bus? No, I don't think it's different at all.

This is what has been bugging me for a while.
Why would a man, on the eve of doing what in this world was the greatest
thing for him to do, a thing that he enjoyed more than any other thing in
the world...why would such a man be feeling so bad that he would be willing
to take such a risk.
It equates to the amount of risk of actually getting hit by the bus when you
jump right in front of it, rather than it being able to swerve at the last
moment and miss you.  Buses don't swerve.
Why?
Why?
I don't fucking get it.

Regarding Keith, I'm still of the opinion that he wanted out too.
The prescription pills just happen to be the latest tool.

A few quick comments about Boston II:
The rain held off!
After the show, the wind picked up, giving me an eerie "good bye" feeling.
IMO, Boston II was significantly better than Boston I (Pete machine
gunned...always a good sign), but still a couple of notches below Hershey
(sorry....really).
Great pre-show gathering.  Nice large group.
Nice sing along too.
GREAT people.
The show was video recorded for DVD.  (Yea!)
I think Pete and Roger were genuinely annoyed at a heckler in the front row.
I think that particularly while Pete was trying to talk near the 3/4 mark of
the show..keeping in mind that it was being recorded for DVD, the heckler
disrupted things enough to really get under Roger's skin.
While this may motivate Pete to play angry at times, I think it upsets Roger
(that sensitive bloke that he is).
I hope it doesn't effect the DVD.
Loved my seats (nice and close...THANKS HEIDI AND KARYN!!), but still wanted
to join Billy, George, and Jeff in the front.
Couldn't get past row 9.  But, I also got very distracted by the encores and
a nice guy and his wife with multiple joints.  :-D

Pete loves kids.  A great moment was when Pete engaged a young lady in the
audience who happen to be sitting on her daddy's head.  When he asked her
how old she was, she put up her right hand and extended all five fingers.
Pete gasped and laughed at her fragile 5 years.
There was another kid Pete got a kick out of.  A little boy of about 6 or so
with an inflatable guitar.  That kid was windmillin' for all he was worth.
It's the older kids Pete's having a problem with.  ;-)

This will sound strange...
I'm having trouble dealing with Who concerts now.
Knowing that this may well be it, has me trying to soak everything up at a
show at once.
I try to watch Pete, and Rog, and Zak...all at the same time!
I try and soak so much up all at once, like a dehydrated castaway knowing
this is the last rain, that most of it ends up on my shirt.
I expect perfection, and when I get something outrageous that is perhaps
only slightly below perfection, I'm not happy.
And, the post show depressions are getting tiresome.
In a strange way, I want to be put out of my agony.

So, anyone else besides me and George think Magik really pissed Roger off?
;-)

Kevin in VT