RE: Old Tarnished Who

I find myself somewhat torn between Jeff and Scott's rhetoric about the
image of The Who.  On one hand, I'm with Jeff - it's my Who and YOU can't
have it!  The power of The Who is visceral and very personal.  They have
been with me through thick and thin.  Michael Jackson's "Thriller" will
never cleanse my soul the way that Quadrophenia can and does.  We all know
that the majority of the record buying public is too daft to get The Who, so
perhaps it's simply their loss.

On the other, like Scott, I get damn defensive when I hear somebody knock
them.  Scott is also right about the higher standard that critics place on
our friends from the Bush.  It doesn't seem fair, so that fuels the need to
defend them savagely.  What are we to do?  Why do I see Scott dressed in a
kilt (a Scott-sman) ala Braveheart fighting music critics with the batte-cry
- "Who-dom!!!"  I would join the cause.  "I am William Wallace, and you
won't fool me again!"

>Preach on, Brother James, preach on!

>AnEnglishBoy~

However, Brother AEB is onto something.  Yes, we could fight these bastards
with conventional weapons.  We could mount speakers to our Huey helicopters
and instead of Wagner, we could pipe "Sparks" as we fly out of the rising
sun.

Or, we could simply preach!  Spread the word to the infidels.  A
conventional war on Who-ignorance could take years and cost thousands of
lives.  But a pacifist approach (with a little strong arm tactics of course)
could be the key.  Imagine taking that wanker who wrote that awful article
posted last week, tying him to chair, whipping him senseless with a Who
concert T-shirt, and playing Young Man Blues until he cries for mercy...  It
could work!  Preach brothers and sisters, preach!!!

Jim in Colo Springs