my best case scenario for what comes next

The guys who are touring together now record an album together.  It is an
eclectic mix of songs.  They are proud of the results.  They release it to
mixed reviews and lukewarm sales.  I love it.  It touches me through and
through.

They do a very limited US tour in the spring that features the new material.
The opening act is .bom.  Critics love .bom but trash The Who for getting
too far away from their legacy.  I love the tour.  It moves me.

It will never happen :-(

Jeff