-----Mensagem original-----
De: owner-thewho@igtc.com [mailto:owner-thewho@igtc.com] Em nome de
O'Neal, Kevin W.
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 19 de setembro de 2002 10:11
Para: 'thewho@igtc.com'
Assunto: Defending the "old rockers"............

Some great research going on over at O&S......
Kevin in VT

Subject: In defense of geriatric rock

A great article by Brian Doherty that rips writers like John
Strausbaugh who contend that aging rockers should hang them up.

http://salon.com/ent/music/feature/2002/09/19/aging_rockers/index.html

In defense of the Rolling Stones, the Who
and the Other Ones: Anyone who says
rock 'n' roll is just about youth is a critical
fascist.

Some good Who content including this:

"It's tempting to despise what these old bands have become,
especially for those whose passion has turned possessive. I
attended the very first post-Entwistle Who show, at the Hollywood
Bowl in July, and as someone who had a deeply emotional
teenage fanaticism about the Who's music, I found parts of it
dispiriting. But I was surrounded by people whooping it up when
"Who Are You" came along and pumping fists to heaven during
the "teenage wasteland" climax of "Baba O'Riley."

They don't even get the Who, I found myself thinking sourly.
But it dawned on me later: I was being a pretentious jerk."