[no subject]

The Who have been many things, but until last night, I wouldn't have said
putting people to sleep was among them.

On September 25, 1973, the legendary baseball player Willie Mays made the
following statement, as his farewell as a player:

"In my heart, 'm a sad man.  Just to her you cheer like this for me and not
be able to do anything about it makes me a very sad man.  This is my
farewell.  You don't know what's going on inside of me tonight.  Now that I
have all that need, I can teach other kids to be as great an athlete as I
am.  If I see someone who has this talent, I will help them.  I want to say
hello to all of my friends, and Willie, say good-bye to America."

It's time for Pete and Roger to "say good-bye to The Who."  Perhaps things
would have worked out differently had someone had the sense when Pete when
into rehab in 1982 to tell him to take a couple of years off, and go sailing
around the world.  However, we can't change the past, and however
reluctantly we wish to admit it, The Who belong in the past.

BW Radley
bwradley@earthlink.net