Re: Stereo version of A Quick One; (Feels Like) Starting Over

Supposedly, MCA is releasing it without any fanfare.

Scott:

Thanks, something ELSE I have to spend money I shouldn't spend on! I'm now listening to the other Stones remasters (Satanic - Ya Yas) and look...anyone who even likes The Stones a bit should get these things. These are simply incredible. Not remixed, and you're glad they aren't. It's like hearing them for the first time again. Absolutely no downside, unless you count the complete lack of liner notes.

Well, nice to see you guys are beginning to resolve your little
dispute. ;-)

That's what he gets for effin' with me before I've had my coffee. Creating an insult from me and then threatening me over it...all stemming from something I said to someone else in the first place (again!!!), one has to wonder what his agenda is. Well, no, I don't wonder. I think it's obvious.

Don't you people have the boot of this?

AEB:

Actually I have a copy I made directly from a mint copy of the original stereo Polydor LP, adding the stereo So Sad (because the LP's was "simulated stereo" but the original, unremastered CD had it in stereo). It's perfect, sounds heads above the official remaster and has better bonus tracks too...all that came with the remaster plus the single version of Happy Jack and the still unreleased Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde (short version). But I will buy the new one.

I guess that was an insult directed at me. Whatever.

Jeff:

It's only an insult if one thinks there's something wrong with Jim, as apparently he himself does (else he wouldn't have been insulted by it) but obviously you don't. I don't see what the big deal is.

Check out MGDE. Check out Tommy live. Check out Quad live.

You mean all that stuff in the "trashbin" as you said?

As of 9/5, MCA is supposed to be putting a sticker on the newer release
saying something along the lines of "Newly Remastered Stereo version".

Greg:

Thanks. I had no idea it was already out, or even that they intended to release it!

I can see that if they want to continue with The Who's legacy, they'd
stay with the same name.

Lela:

Well, once again I will cite Plant and Page's Walking To Clarksdale as an example. As "Unledded" Led Zeppelin P&P made a pretty weak album (No Quarter), which (IMHO) caused the listener to focus more on what was no longer possible to perform rather than what "magic" these two might be able to create. Clarksdale, on the other hand, was a damned fine album. If there's a weakness it's in the songwriting...and I'd say they did pretty well considering. Others may disagree. So if they make a new album (and I'm not opposed to that in any way) they should move forward, rather than bank on the past. After all, that IS one of the things that made them unique, isn't it?

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML