Crazy drunk guy ends Jones Beach post-show fun

magik said "OK Jeff, tell him your version. Really it's ok. Ouch, I say this
with tongue firmly in aswollen cheek!"

I'll try.  I lead a pretty sheltered suburban life so this kind of thing is
a bit foreign to me and quite a thrill, truth to tell.

After the show, we head to a small bar.  Who fans in attendance are Magik,
the Starcke twins and me.  Magik's 2 local buddies (and newly converted Who
fans) are also in attendance.  We were having fun throwing a few back,
listening to some Who on the jukebox, retelling some highlights from the
evening.  George L called on the phone to tell us how his evening ended
(another good story that I won't tell, btw).  I was so tired I couldn't hold
a conversation.  I was struggling to stay upright so I stopped drinking.  I
was becoming sober but still having a ball just being there.

Around 2:30 Magik and his buddy are playing pool on the opposite end of the
bar from where the Whobees are sitting.  They're going back and forth to the
table to take their turns.  Down at the pool table end Magik catches a
lady's eye and says "How do you do?  Are you with anyone tonight?"

Lady says "Yeah - him."  She points out Crazy Drunk Guy.

Magik shrugs and resumes shooting pool.

Crazy Drunk Guy grabs Magik from behind and yells something like:  "I know
the kind of guy you are.  Buragh gabubug labotable stealing women!".  CDG
chokes Magik and rips his irreplaceable 2002 UK T-shirt .

Four women and a fat young guy get in a scrum to restrain Crazy Drunk Guy.
CDG will not drop it.  Tables and chairs are upended.  Other drunks are
trying to yell some sense into CDG.  Magik is trying to resume the party
with his buds and move past it.  CDG wants to continue to vent some anger
that he must have built up from some previous relationship ;-)

I took a position between the scrum and Magik.  I found myself pinned
against the bar by the fat young guy and the rest of the scrum.  The
bartender yells out that she is calling the cops.  I don't like this.  I
exit the building.

I wait outside with the Starckes.  Mike and I are in agreement that we don't
like violence.  Mark is silent.

A few minutes later Magik (aka Mr. Logistics) appears outside with a swollen
lip and instructs us to "get the fuck outta here NOW!".  We did.

I did not witness the punch.  I am curious how the guy connected given his
sloppy state.

Moral of the story:  I wanna party with Magik again!  Are you coming to
Boston or what?!!?

Jeff