Jones Beach, better than Aerosmith!

Last night's show was better than any Aerosmith show I've seen.  They were
THAT good.

Pino was quite loud and I found myself playing air bass several times.  He's
really found his spot in The Who.  John is dead, long live Pino.  Pino is
much better than Tom Hamilton.  I would have to give Hamilton a 6 out of 10
on his best night.  Pino gets a 7 out of 10 for last night.  ;-)

I wasn't joking about the Pino part.  He really was loud and comfortable.

They also turned the volume up on Simon's guitar at a few crucial spots last
night and it worked perfectly.  He was beefed up during the PW intro and
played the chords along with the bass.  They also turned him up at least
once when Pete needed to switch out guitars mid-song.

I really dug the Pete-electric "I'm One" and the new "wine" lyrics added to
the MG jam (sorry I can't remember the lyrics).

Some funny comments by Pete about the fans who miss John.  He were something
like "I know many of you miss those nights when John would hang out in the
bar until everyone had your moment with him.  Of course, he couldn't hear a
word you were saying."

Thanks to Magik Billy and George for putting on a great pre-show.  You guys
rule!

Extra super thanks to Magik Billy for being such a great host in "my fucking
town!" :-D

There really was no downside to yesterday and last night.  Just a great
evening and a great show.  Now, when the clock moved into the a.m. hours I
can think of at least one downer ;-)

Jeff