Jones Beach

The Who made it back to Pete's "favorite venue in the world," last
night. And God, and Pete, only know why he rates this as his "fav"
venue. It's a totally open place, no roof, holds about 15,500, and it's
next to the Atlantic Ocean. I guess, it's the sailor in Pete, that makes
him say that. It is a visually appealing, likable spot, but
unfortunately, it's run like a nazi camp. I'm not kidding. If you're
performing there, maybe then it's ok, but the shit the security puts you
through, the entire night, rates it as the "worst venue in the WHOle
world," to me. IHMO!!!

First, let me say, the show was wonderful, as usual, and as expected.
Plus the pre-show party was truly great! The funny thing, this time, as
last time (July 9th 2000), is the wind was whipping at 20-30 knots, only
in the opposite direction. This time coming out of the East. But the
biggest difference was, that it didn't rain! Thank God! And that was a
big difference. But since there was a threat of rain, as like last time
when it did rain, the band was set up a good 20 feet from the edge of
the stage. Damn. That sucked. Alas, the band was on fire, again, which
is what is most important.

As this may be the last time I ever get to see the Who, it certainly
ranks in the top 10 shows, for me, of all time. This is based solely on
having fun at the shows. It's amazing, after seeing them so many times,
that they still kick ass and it seemed everyone loved it. Others will
post the set list, and how they actually played, but for me, it's always
been about having fun. And last night, we all did!

Long Live Rock,

magik

ps- and I hope, somewhere down the road, we get to do it again. But Who
knows.