Who Legacy Not Tarnished by '89 Tour

While many of us on this list are complaining about the "The Who Light" tour
in '89, the truth is that there were hundreds of thousands of rock 'n roll
fans in the U.S. and abroad who were thrilled with the shows.  Let's face it,
we are tough critics who are used to a very high standard of Who performances.
It's not the same for the masses, most of whom are happy for the chance to see
The Who one more time or for the first time. I've not heard or read one word
of criticism about that tour aside from this list.  And, let's not forget the
big chunk of Tommy which, in retrospect, made the shows worthwhile for me.
IMHO, the biggest problem with that tour is that it was was mostly stadiums.
Unless you are in the first 20 rows of the orchestra, stadium rock sucks.

It appears that many of the hardcores on this list feel the band's legacy was
tarnished by the '89 tour. That's your personal opinion and I respect it. I
just don't believe it to be the same for the masses and the rock media. I
think other incidents such as (Woodstock, Tommy, Quad, Cincinatti and playing
on after John's death) will have a far greater impact on the Who's legacy than
the '89 tour.

David in NY