Re: A simple statement from this male. An a "long" one from this one.

> There is a universal current that is there and if our switch is "off" we will
> not receive the benefit of it's power.

That's utter nonsense.  I could just as easliy say that *scientific* truth is out
there & if your "switch" is off you will not receive the benefit of its knowledge.

> You can argue with this,

Tell me about it.....

> but no one will ever convince me with "facts" taken from a sliver of infor-
> mation by people that do not know the *whole* story that try to sum up the
> entire history of the universe.

Sure, why pay attention to the facts when you can put your faith in fairy tales
made up by sexist, oppressive men thousands of years ago.

> *Who* got Pete off of Heroin?

Pete, himself, with the help of Meg Patterson.  Obviously you're implying that
some sort of "higher power" had a hand in it but I could just as easily claim that
this "higher power" got Pete hooked on heroin in the first place.  Or was that
Higher Power's arch enemy Mr. Devil?

> Who stopped him from killing himself?

Pete put a stop to his destructive behaviour.  Who gave him the self-destruct-
ive tendencies in the first place?  If your God created him, then he created him
imperfectly.  On purpose.  Nice deity.

> What power got him off of the bottle?  I want to know this.

What power let him get hooked on the bottle in the first place?  I want to know
*that.*  Your reasoning is flawed.  Your God is there each time to help Pete
overcome his problems yet He seems conspicuously absent each time Pete gets
fucked up on something.  Odd.  Or is that all part of God's "grand scheme?"

> It is my right to know this.

I'm trying to explain it to you but I think your "switch" is off.

> Who stopped the demons that drove Keith for the period that he listened to
> Meg Patterson when he played drums better without *them* while she went
> on the road with him?

Ah.  *That* time it was the Hindu God Vishnu.  Not the Christian God.  The
Christian God was too busy helping Eric Clapton.

> Then came the temporary success with his problem. I believe that his soul
> was saved there. What mercy.

"What mercy?!"  Your God allowed him to get back on the bottle, keep pop-
ping pills, & eventually die!  Thanks, God.  Great job.  You cleaned Moon up
for a few months & then abandoned him.

And you're saying God picked a time when Moon was sober to "save" his soul?
What's the matter?  Don't want to imagine Moonie burning in the pits of Hell?
Pretty convenient.

> I believe He may have received the Life into him that *conquered* every-
> thing that tortured him. But later he turned the switch back off.

If the "switch" was off when he died then that means he goes to hell, right?
Your religious beliefs seem to ironically conform to your hopes.  Odd.  You're
never wrong then.  How comforting.

> My announcement is that heroin is *no* match for Jesus.

You're right there!  There are many more people fucked up on Jesus than there
are fucked up on heroin!

> It has been thoroughly proven to me so many times that I laugh when people
> suggest it is just a coincidence or superstition.

Now *that's* arrogant!  Woe to the poor, foolish nonbelievers.  Aren't we stu-
pid for having our "switches" off.

> The reason for my rant is not to push some religion off on all of you.

No, not at all.

> I  hope that these few years have shown that I am not one of those types.

That past few months haven't.

> I hate religion.  I hate it because God hates it.

Met him, have you?  Ask him where I put my car keys.

> It is a counterfeit that causes people not to believe in God.  It is also very
> boring.

Yeah, who wants to get up early on Sunday & go to church?  It's much easier
to make up your own religion which conveniently conforms to your pre-establish-
ed beliefs.  No sermons to sit through.

> Creation itself proves that Whoever created it is not boring!

By that reasoning it also proves that whoever created it is not perfect either.
Your "Creator" gave us such lovely things as cancer, the Washington sniper,
al-Qaeda, Hitler, earthquakes, Bon Jovi, famine, disease, poverty, child abuse,
& ringworm.  Real nice guy there.

> Michaelangelo's paintings are great, but they just cause me to appreciate
> Michaelangelo.

Nature is great & causes me to appreciate Nature.  No God is needed (un-
less your "switch" is off).

> There is no pain like being misunderstood and no one has been misunderstood
> more than the true God.

It's kinda hard *not* to misunderstand something THAT DOESN'T EXIST!!!!!

>  It is rather plain for me to see that Kurt Cobain did not go to this One for
> help in his final moments.

Then why didn't God come to *him* as you claim he did for Pete on several
occasions?  God wasn't a Nirvana fan?

> Not the forum for this kind of talk? I agree in part that is why I avoid it.
> But some things need to be discussed at least once.

Nothing wrong with stating your beliefs & opinions.  I respect that.  But if I
get to hear your's, you get hear mine.

> Others are affected by what we do. That is the reason I am revealing this
> secret to you guys.

I appreciate your candor, Jon.  I really do.  Sounds like you've battled through
some heavy duty shit.  But instead of crediting your recovery to some "higher
power," I choose to credit *you,* as an individual.  Because I know that deep
down there isn't any God.  *You* pulled yourself out of your mess.  Don't sell
yourself short.  Be your own God.

> If Kurt had heard and believed in the "fact," salvation would have been his
> experience. This is one of the greatest principles we will ever hear.

Nah.  Modern science has plenty more astounding principles than that.  Nature
itself is much more fascinating & compelling than the dogma of all Man's re-
ligions combined.

Trusting in science isn't turning your back on anything.  It's simply facing up
to the wonders of reality.  Check it out.  Turn your "switch" on first, though.

- SCHRADE in Akron