Bullsbutt and the Biergarten

>From: Keithjmoon70@aol.com
>Subject: Re: No clever subject - Legacy and Cobain
>
>>> It seems to me that there were times when he thought forward, and didn't
>>> give a damn about protecting the reputation of the stuff they had done
in
>>> the past.  He was seeking success, rather than trying to avoid failure.
>
>I think you may have hit the bullseye, Jeff.  If I knew Pete's e-mail
address
>I would forward this statement to him.  (No joke.)

I think the bullseye in this case is on the wrong end of the bull.
The simple fact that success was being sought dictates actions.  When
success is achieved to the degree that they are considered one of the
greatest rock bands in the world, this needs to be protected, and actions
are dictated accordingly.
Imagine how Pete must have felt about the reaction to FD an IH.

>From: "Jim Sigel" <drjimmy_mrjim@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Garden of Beerly Delights
>
>>> What is a "beer garden"........?
>
>>Fancy name for a place that sells beer.
>
>"Fancy" indeed.  I always thought it was a Midwestern term Johanna.  Being
>from Chicago, whenever/wherever you went to a concert, festival, carnival,
>fair, block party, etc, there was always a beer "garden".  Usually it was
just
>a roped off area with a tent chock full of every drunk within miles.

Actually, beer garden originates in Germany where they are called
"Biergartens".
There, a Biergarten is a nice cordoned off section..(usually by a 3 foot
wall covered with plants ..tall enough to provide some privacy, yet low
enough to be able to check out all the action)..right in the center of town
that allows for people to suck down beer.  Nice tables, nice atmosphere, and
GREAT place to meet and get toasted.
Local shop keepers encourage it, because tipsy/drunk people make great
customers.  They spend!

Kevin in VT
(bringing culture where ever he goes)