Garden of Beerly Delights

>> What is a "beer garden"........?

>Fancy name for a place that sells beer.

"Fancy" indeed.  I always thought it was a Midwestern term Johanna.  Being
from Chicago, whenever/wherever you went to a concert, festival, carnival,
fair, block party, etc, there was always a beer "garden".  Usually it was just
a roped off area with a tent chock full of every drunk within miles.  Hippies,
bikers, accountants with shorts and black socks, families, town drunks, local
aldermen, all hanging out in the beer garden.  At the SRV concert at Alpine,
it was a separate wooden deck off to the side, and a small section faced the
stage.  However it was never fancy; unless slopping your feet in spilled beer
and assorted bodily fluids is considered fancy.  :-)  Old Comiskey Park used
to have a killer beer garden, only they called it the "picnic area".  It was
cubbied behind a screen inside the left-field wall, and you could heckle a
ballplayer to his face (safely tucked behind a thick wire mesh screen) and
guzzle beers like Prohibition was starting the next day.  Ah, but those are
other stories for a different forum.  No, I did not attack a third base coach;
I said "Old" Comiskey.

>Thanks for responding. I often think that if this list had more woman on it,
>there wouldn't be all the fighting.  We'd probably spend a majority of the
>time talking about Roger's sexy bod!!....LOL!!!
>
>Love,
>SicilianMother <Johanna>

(Sicilian Mandolin)  Godmother...  I hope you have a better understanding of
the neighba-hood and the beer gardens we used to inhabit.  Local taverns also
had beer gardens.  Next to the Olive Oil company was an establishment that had
a small patio section in back where you could sit outside instead of in the
bar.  Wasn't very fancy, that's where we whacked Bruno Tattaglia.  However, I
must comment on your Daltrey statement:  Eeeewwwww....

>Actually I believe that is Kenney Jones on drums on those 3 tracks.
>peace
>andy

Gimmie back that cigar!  Kudos to Rick in Maine - that is Keith on Four Faces,
but Kenney on Get Out and Joker James.  Give 'er another listen; unmistakably
Keith.

>What a pain in the ass that windmill is on acoustic.

Hey, forget what I said - keep the cigar.  A great story about the Magic Bus,
and even better for your sharing your windmill frustration.  I play an SG in a
three piece (coincidence?) and windmilling isn't easy at all, let alone on a
thick acoustic.  I feel too weird "practicing" windmills, ala wait when no one
is around, strap on the SG and windmill until I do it right.  So I don't, I
just try to get a few in during rehearsal.  One out of three actually works.
Other times I miss the strings entirely or catch my hand on the neck, flinging
the pick across the room.  Ugh.  Someday I want to do it right like the
Master.  I leap around pretty good though.  Bless you Andy, and keep working
on that.

>I don't find much to admire about Cobain.  He was
>a talented guy, but a sorry excuse for a man in my book.

Neither do I.  Giving yourself the Bum's Rush when you've got the world at
your fingertips isn't something I admire.  Bastard could've said "...before I
become Mick Jagger."

>Thanks for sharing, Jim.  Just what I needed on a Monday - thoughts of death
>and opportunities lost ;-)

You're very welcome Mr. Jeff, it's always a pleasure to bring sunshine to
everyone.  Now, have you tried the salmon moose?  I... am... the Grim...
Reaper.  (Someone's here about the reaping!)

Jim in Colo Springs