Am I a Who fan, for a moment?

matter like seeing a hot chick in a bar

Scott:

You know, there's a lot to be said for seeing a hot chick in a bar...or at a concert. Women are just pretty damned wonderful. Three cheers!

& getting a case of blue-balls.

Part of the male experience, dude. And for the record, you may be the first person to use that expression on this list...

Which is why I would suggest that Roger look up Eminem and Pete and his 1200
songs and get violent. ;)

Jon:

I said BANDS! Not stupid baggy-pants white guys who are famous for insulting people. "My name is...my name is..." Spit it out, moron!

What does possession have to do with anything?  I don't see how that's
relevant.

You know, "having." What is this, an English lesson?

Even more ridiculous.

Dude, you're the Godfather. No question about it. Remember, the Godfather USED to be a Punk, so you make noises like a Punk, but I was contemplating what you've said during the Disturbed part of the show last night, and our main point of contention (here) is that you don't want to let go of the old. I understand, it's not a pleasant thing to do. It wasn't easy for me, either, but Entwistle's death was a shock to my system. However at least I had something you didn't to work with (oh shit, there's that damned experience again!), and that's having let go of The Who once before. In 1983, when Pete announced not only no live shows but no more studio work either (after promising to make LPs). This after 13 years of active Who fandom, just as we've all been experiencing since 1996. In 1983 it was the curtain coming down as far as I could tell, and it was "deal with it whether I liked it or not." Seemed damned final. Maybe it was harder then, because they still COULD have been together, whereas now there's no way. Even Live Aid and the 1989 tour were like mere temporary reprieves. I remember on the day of Live Aid thinking I could be a Who fan again, if just for one day. Only with the year long Quad tour of `96/97 did it seem like they were BACK, and so they have been except for new material.

That "Punk and the Godfather" is a cool tune, huh?

There is no bad tune on Quad.

A bit too glam & a bit too sloppy for my highbrow tastes.  Now,
.......where did I put that Triumph CD.......?

Scott:

Well, see, you're not a Punk either. The Dolls were definitely pre-Punk at its finest. Let me guess, you don't like the Velvet Undergound either. Triumph? Why not just listen to Survivor or Jounrey or Slaughter...they're all so damned generic..no, give me the Pistols Clash Jam Iggy Stranglers Costello (early years)...the ones I never got into were the Ramones, because they were just TOO moronic for the medium. But I'd bet even you would like the Pistol's version of I'm Not Your Stepping Stone, easily the best ever recorded.

Ha!  Have fun!  I hope you enjoy looking at piercings.

I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful female Korn (etc) fans, who make no secret of their charms. Trust Company was good, Disturbed powerful but a bit too over the top for me, interesting at least, Korn VERY good. A lot of Who in that show, from the opening bands to Korn. The state of Rock today. The only band I didn't like at ALL was Drainpipe, a recently signed band. They just thrashed away, going nowhere.

 You'll definitely be the oldest person there

Nope, I was happy to see I was not. There were several at least 10 years older that I saw. Either that, or "that mean old life" hasn't treated me nearly as harshly. It was a good experience, and I enjoyed it.

How was that?  I'm jealous, I like Disturbed.  I hope you weren't in the
pit for that though, I heard it gets pretty bad.

Nicole:

Show description above, Disturbed is better in the studio. They weren't BAD, mind you, it's just that Korn was a lot better. I went in thinking of them as pretty much on the same level, and walked out with new insight into both bands. And NO, no pit for me. A girl once came into my store with a boot tread imprint in her head from a mosh pit, which probably left a scar, and I wonder how she'll explain THAT to her grandkids...anyway, it's not for me.

The Stones are praised publicly, via high profile media attention, repeatedly.
Like they're some sort of kings of the rock throne.
It's almost as if it's comfortable and just easy for most to just accept this
and act this way.

Kevin (and Scott):

You've hit it...The Who will never be accepted as The Stones have, and Scott you wouldn't WANT them to be, would you? So why be jealous? Be happy you're one of the few...the proud...the Who army. We passed the test, didn't fall prey to the mass media opinion, found our own path.

What do you consider to be "old Stones?"

Lew:

Can we agree it's the Jones / Taylor years? Because Ron Wood, as a counterpoint for Richards, is no counterpoint at all.

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML