Re: Why Bob Dylan is like beer

< gasp! >  How *dare* you indirectly call me inexperienced & unknowledgeable.  ;-)

Scott:

I didn't, but I would dare.

OK, I 'll be honest.  I respect the Stones.  I see their brilliance.  I really do.

I like honest. It warms my heart. Honest is good.

I'm jealous that the ratio of Stones to Who songs on Classic Rock radio is 8 to 1.

I don't worry about that stuff, because almost EVERYONE gets more airplay than The Who. Steve Miller. Know what I mean?

Face it - the Stones just have too many songs about love, love gone bad, sex, sex

Well...they have too many songs, period. The songs I noted were, for the most part, about other stuff. If not they're damned clever at least.

I'm not gonna listen to a bunch of crap that doesn't get me off just so I can have a more well-rounded knowledge of what's

Knowledge is power. I've listened to a lot of bands it turned out I didn't like. And some I didn't like at first but grew into. Dylan...is like beer. At first it tastes bad, but everyone's into it, you know, so you keep drinking it. After a while, it starts to taste good (or at least your tastebuds get numb). You come to appreciate it.

December's children?  Ha!  Ya' like that one, Mark?  BTW, I own that Stones album.
I also own the "Undercover of the Night" 12-inch, too (!).  So there!

Good for you!

Listen here, buddy-boy, I own a few thousand records & nearly a thousand CD's.

I was speaking generally, which isn't always true but is most of the time, generally.

My music knowledge is much more well-rounded than most's.

Watch out, some people don't like that. I, personally, congratulate you for it.

More daft music I'm not into.

Hey, the NY Dolls are pretty great!

But I respect them.  I really do, Mark.  Honestly.  I don't *like* them.  But I respect
them.

Who could ask for anything more than that? Not I.

Off to Korn and Co. Can I count on you to ail me out if I get in trouble in the mosh pit or because I was, uh, "improving my disposition?"

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML