Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #298

All generalizations (like these) are wrong.

Jeff:

That, too, is a generalization. But sometimes a generalization IS true. Generally.

If it smells like shit, tastes like shit and looks like shit.

That is only relevent if you know what is and isn't shit. Driving looks easy, you just point the car and go, until you get behind the wheel for the first time. Then you gain driving experience, it becomes easy, but UH OH here comes ice on the road...

You don't need any experience to know it when you encounter it.

...cries the inexperienced. No, one can't just write off knowledge because they don't happen to have it themselves. It won't play in Poughkeepsie. Knowledge and experience are the most valuable human attributes...and you should never stop gathering either, as I intend to tonight at a Korn / Disturbed concert.

This Stones have no relevance to *me* at all.  They are boring.

In your opinion. As I said to Scott, you can dislike them and their music if you like. It don't make no never mind to me. But by dismissing them you lose a valuable perspective (and never get a lot of the depth and beauty of Who music), and it's VERY funny coming from an avowed fan of a band who started life as a Stones cover band (Aerosmith, who are the Stones' inferior in every way IMHO). Hey, you don't "get" the magic of Dandelion...it's your loss. But DAMN your line of argument sounds a LOT like what a Zep fan says about The Who...

A half-with with a calculator.

Actually, I was making the point that you weren't, I was acknowledging your experience and knowledge...but if you say so. Too bad you had to waste all that time and money in school, huh?

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML