Re: The Seeker: searching for secrets; Standards rule OK

I see (hear?) your point, it sounds ragged. He sounds like I sound when
somebody calls me on the phone right after I've woken up; when I clear my
throat it gets better. I think after Pino's bass solo (the first chance he
gets to go "ahem") he's better. He sounds fine on WGFA.

Rick:

Well, I didn't say it was total crap. I could find other examples, but you can hear them as well as I can. I can point to examples on BTTB, and the 2000 tour too. We have to admit the fact of his voice getting weaker at some point. Everybody's does (except Ozzy for some reason). It's no shame. Pete references it in his diary entry.

here. I'm talking about the crusty old fart fans like Mark.

Jeff:

Nothing crusty or gaseous about me, chum. Talk to me when you know a single lyric by the Vines.

BTW~Maybe Mark is a Mortician....ya think??

Lew:

Nope, else I could "pretty up" the dead band once called The Who. Follow the link at the end of this EMail and you'll see what I do for a living. And NO, I don't do Faith Hill for a living...pity, that...

You're a person with two ears, a brain, a computer and some experience -
much like the rest of us. No more, no less.

Jeff:

No, people ARE different...due to various reasons, like education, experience, intelligence, ability, background, etc. Infinite diversity.

As I said in a previous post, I am a snide sarcastic prick when I encounter
self-importance.

Even when you create it all by your lonesome, as you have here. Once again, it's "Just your imagination/Running away with you...

Is it fact then?

Jon:

As Rick is my witness.

at his table and conversed with him. This is really impressive, and he
doesn't use it to belittle our experiences of the band.

Have I, in any way, tried to belittle your experiences with the band? Or anyone's?

gain weight. (it is a fact that Roger is singing better now than in 2000)

I disagree. I guess it all comes down to one's standards. Mine may be higher than yours, or Lews. No shame for any of us, if that's the case.

point to Lew's experience to prove that it is just your opinion.

I will say it's a matter of what we want to get out of the band. There are varying degrees of this. Again, no shame whether you are delving for the secrets of the universe or just want to shake your ass. I freely admit I expect only excellence out of The Who, and am disappointed when I don't get it. I don't see why THAT is a big deal.

particular phase. I think that it is a good phase, you do not.

Who says I don't? Don't go by what others say or imply about me...read MY words if you want to know how I feel.

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML
faith.yahoo.com