Re: Mediocrity and Accuracy

But certainly they know the difference between going through the motions to
get a buck and going out full force with all they have.

Jon:

I would think so, yet it's not unreasonable for them to go through the motions at any given time. After doing these same songs how many times now? Even Atlanta 2000 had a good bit of going through the motions. I think it's inevitable.

At least you are being honest.  I will be honest too. Considering their age,
their recent loss and the odds against them, after witnessing them, they have
left me amazed and proud.

I will grant you they're doing the best they can. They're working hard, they worked hard in 2000 too.

But they are different.  The reason that I brought that up is that opinions
are opinions.

OK, but what I'm talking about is not opinion.

"Why in the hell isn't Mark going?

Like I said, I have that great memory I want to leave untainted. It's physically impossible for them to be as good without John Entwistle on bass. My conjecture, and I was right. There were OTHER reasons I didn't go, and I'm not going into THAT again, and this wasn't even the deciding reason (because meeting you and some others was good reason enough to go and endure the Entwistle-less performance)...but I felt relieved to have been let off the hook. But here, let's take an example...Scott was at Atlanta, so he can give his take on this...when they did BBE, Baba, and especially Pinball Wizard they were going through the motions. Clearly. But I wonder if Scott picked up on that, or just enjoyed the music. Scott?

I am not disappointed, Mark.  I just wish that you were my lawyer man, you
can argue a case!

No, if I was a lawyer I couldn't be honest!

listened to the Detroit CD and see no evidence of Roger's voice
being shot.

Rick:

Listen to My Generation. The first "Things they do look awful cold/Hope I die before I get old..." Whoops, there it is...that's no opinion, there.

until the end of the last leg of the tour.

Johanna:

I have specified my source. I have also granted that when you're on the scene, you don't pick up on it. I haven't seen the videos, but Daltrey's voice isn't going to magically get better...it's what it is.

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML
faith.yahoo.com