Achievements & Memories

I promised to ask some *positive* questions regarding The Who's career
to offset the "stumbling blocks & regrets" thread from last week.  So
here goes:

1. What was The Who's greatest success or achievement in their career?

I'd have to say the answer to this is TOMMY.  While not my #1 favorite
album by The Who, TOMMY seems to have struck the biggest chord with
Rock fans & has gone through so many incarnations (mostly successful)
that the album/concept has become almost synonymous with the band.  When
many people think of The Who, they think of TOMMY.

Your answer doesn't have to be a specific album or song.  For example, I
was thinking also that perhaps their greatest achievement was their stage
career, their exemplary live shows.  You tell me.

2. What is your fondest, personal memory dealing with The Who?

I think mine is a tie:  Meeting, talking, & shaking hands with Entwistle
before a solo show in Cleveland in 1988.  And seeing the band back in
August of this year in Columbus from the front row.

Hmmmmm....or is it the other wonderful Who freaks I've been lucky enough
to meet in the past 3 years?  Hmmmmm....that's a toughie.

- SCHRADE in Akron