Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #281

In a message dated 10/1/2002 10:45:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,
bushchoked@yahoo.com writes:

> <That poor baby. Poor little rich boy. Didn't want to be a Rock star. I have
> 0% sympathy for him.>

It is that "I am a tortured artist" syndrome (Kurt Cobain)...........I am not
saying I felt sorry for him.  Haven't you ever encountered an artist, who has
a gift, but doesn't want to go "mainstream".....or an even better
characterization would be "selling out".  That is how I would describe Kurt
Cobain.  The popularity of the grung movement was unexpected. If he wanted to
be a sell out superstar.......I could have joined a HAIR band and borrowed
his mom's lipstick.

Johanna