Re: Christian Scientist

I will again stress that faith is not something of our mind. In contrast to
the way we live the physical and soulish life, genuine believers live the
divine life not by sight nor by feeling. The spiritual life is lived out by
faith, which is stimulated by the presence of God as the Life giving Spirit
in our human spirit. Radio signal, radio receiver = music. God expressed.

Jon:

But one has to decide (at some point) to go on faith, and that's a conscious decision of the mind. Faith is a pattern of thinking. By it, one shapes the pattern of one's life. If one hasn't faith, that too shapes the pattern of their life. One thing we both agree on is religion is a device rather than a path. I think Pete was saying this in Tommy; he was putting down organized religion in favor of a wellspringing of enlightenment from within. "Listening to you, I get the music/Gazing at you, I get the heat." Tommy asked his followers for faith but they wanted immediate enlightenment. Nothing worth anything comes easy. Whether or not the Big G is sending out a signal we're supposed to receive I can't say. I feel most spiritual in the Smoky mountains, which could have something to do with my ancestory, or perhaps it's just a vibe I happen to get. I just feel it. Music doesn't give me a spiritual feeling (just a lot of enjoyment), but others DO get it from music. I think the universal chord is as different as the human mind. And some "receivers" are set at zero, so they don't get ANY feeling.

I am no fan of Jerry Falwell.

I should hope not. What a tool. Everything he says is automatically wrong.

Right there! I was meaning the science of studying the universe and its
origins.

Well certainly the human mind is a part of the universe, and a result of its origins. Everything is science. Music. Sports (how it PAINS me to say it). Sex. Drugs. Politics. Even spirituality, Theology you know. You name it, it's science.

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML