Re: John's lifestyle

In a message dated 11/5/02 11:15:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lewinski@icanon.com writes:

> I believe that John was like any one of us trying to have fun and
> enjoy life.  After all, he was 57 years old and appeared to live
> through many highs and lows quite successfully.   I do not believe
> he was enacting an revenge, or was reckless to purposefully kill
> himself.

I agree with you Joe.

My take is that John could hold his drinking/etc. rather well.  Like on
stage, he held a pretty even keel on the outside.  Maybe he just did what he
always did and then it zapped him.

I have been listening to Too late the Hero lately and that song about Pete
"Sleeping Man" comes to mind.  It is very funny, but extremely sad to see who
was left standing/playing for whom on stage at the end.  I believe that John
thought he was in control and Pete knew that he (himself) was not.  Pete
reacted to his own craziness by facing it.  John may have never though he was
that bad-compared to the likes of Pete and Keith Moon!

Then when I hear Love is a heart Attack, I lose my case.  Like with all of
us, the faults of others are clear to see and we can give them an easy
answer.  But to face our own?  That requires a little more.

Jon in  Mi