Re: Who collection

Re:  THE STORY OF THE WHO

> > I have no idea when it was release, except that like I said it had
> > LAL material on it.

OK, I'm home now.  THE STORY OF THE WHO came out in 1976 on
Polydor  (Select Double 2683 069, individual records have numbers of
2478 091 & 2478 092).  Made in England, it apparantly was released on
cassette & "cartridge" (!), also.

Long versions of "Magic Bus" & "I'm A Boy."  And you're right, Mark,
Side One ends with "My Generation" from LAL, but they fade it out be-
fore any of the TOMMY medley starts.  Also included is "Summertime
Blues" from LAL.

Nice, eight-page booklet stapled inside with info & pictures.  As I said
before, the cover is a shot of an exploding pinball machine.  The back cov-
er shows said pinball machine unexploded.

Track listing:

*Side One*
Magic Bus / Substitute / Boris The Spider / Run, Run, Run / I'm A Boy /
Heat Wave / My Generation (live)

*Side Two*
Pictures of Lily / Happy Jack / The Seeker / I Can See For Miles /
Bargain / Squeeze Box

*Side Three*
Amazing Journey / The Acid Queen / Do ou Think It's Alright? / Fiddle
About / Pinball Wizard / I'm Free / Tommy's Holiday Camp / We're
Not Gonna Take It  (all studio versions)

*Side Four*
Summertime Blues (live) / Baba O'Riley / Behind Blue Eyes / Slip Kid /
Won't Get Fooled Again

- SCHRADE in Akron