Re: DST Dvd

> A few years ago I bought the Daltrey Sings Townshend
> Dvd on the Image label. The picture was horrible. It
> had good sound but the picture was very blocky
> looking. I was wondering if all the copies are like
> that. Is there a newer version of this Dvd thats
> better?
Mine is pretty good, but it says "Platinum Entertainment" on the case.

I think the sound is very dead on this cd/DVD (and on the bootleg TV recording, too), but my picture is okay--only the colors are a little too deep, maybe. I've heard fans say the picture sucked and didn't know what they were talking about. Maybe you're right that it's the version that makes the difference.

So what causes the blockiness? Is that a failure of digital editing, or is it a digital zoom? I've noticed it in some bootleg videos.

keets