Re: Who's and Two's Missing

In article <F62J1yLv7UpagDgMcae0000af21@hotmail.com>,
    "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>  writes:

> >This technological fact has been a reality for OVER A DECADE.
>
> I'm certain they don't do customized work like that.

I'm certain of it too, but that's irrelevent to the point I'm making.

My point is that they don't do it because they are greedy.  They are
not interested in any market that doesn't get them gigantic profits.
They are addicted to greed.

Further, if any business comes along and tries to negotiate a position
with the artists to be able to serve these smaller markets, the record
companies go out of their way to sabotage them and kill them off in
the name that they are "competing" with them.  Once they kill off your
competition, they go back to their greed and leave the niche market
unserved.

I know because I have friends who did the technology work on a
business model that let you walk into a store and burn a CD of songs
of your choosing, along with CD booklets printed on the spot with
artwork and information of your choosing.  (Credits were mandatory,
but you had a choice of pictures for use with the booklet.)  The whole
thing was ready to go -- artists were in favor of it, stores were in
favor of it, there was enough profit in the business model to make it
work for all involved, but guess who was reluctant and finally killed
it off?  The record labels.  The very same people who are supposed to
"help" an artist get sold.

They are bastards, pure and simple.  They want a stranglehold of
control over every possible avenue through which you and I could hear
new music and even listen to music that we ALREADY OWN!  If they had
their way, we'd all be paying an additional fee every time we listen
to any song on CDs we PURCHASED.  They want us to pay monthly fees on
our internet service accounts because other people might be copying
music without paying for it.  Since they can't get the people who are
doing the copying, their reasoning is that EVERY SINGLE PERSON should
pay them an "artists copyright fee"!  Like I said... bastards, pure
and simple.

For many years now they have done their best to stifle any innovation
or competition in delivering music to customers except for THEIR way,
their mass-marketed shoot a shotgun in your face approach.  Anything
that might have satisfied the niche demands that already exist was
killed as soon as they could kill it.  Since they are largely ignorant
of computers and the internet -- because they are backwards looking
control freaks wanting to "manage" the customer, not forwards looking
people with a desire to serve the customer -- the MP3 stuff got out of
the bag before they could kill it.  Now they are in a desperate
maneuver to control all of us through lobbying Washington for more
government "fees" (i.e. taxes) and regulation.  Business that succor
the favor of Government are business that know that they cannot
survive in any other way except through the compulsory force of
government intervention.  They are business that should be allowed to
die, not businesses that we should all be forced to prop up.

Bastards!  Bastards, I say!
--
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    izfree: Open source tools for Windows Installer