Re: Pete on new album, new songs on tour!

> >> "I'm hoping we can come to grips with some of this work in progress
> >> on the road," said Daltrey. "That's where all our best stuff came
> > from in the past.
>
> Could anyone tell me which songs Roger is referring to? Songs from the past
> that is.

I think Daltrey says stuff like this to take some pressure off of Pete concerning the
writing of new songs.  He seems to imply that the majority of Who tunes came
about from half-formed, embryonic ideas that were then molded into actual songs
on the stage, during tours.

Of course, this just isn't true.  The vast majority of Who songs were demoed by
Pete first & *then* given their chance to develop on the stage.  Full-structured
Who songs developed almost entirely on the stage?  It don't happen that way at
all!

Again, I believe Daltrey is simply trying take some of the song writing pressure
off of Pete & spread it around to the whole band.  A noble gesture, but I'm sure
Pete scoffs everytime he hears Daltrey say stuff like that.  I know I do.

We need demos.  Good, good demos.  And maybe somebody's daughter......

- SCHRADE in Akron