pete in ice

Here is the article from ice where pete discusses the scoop series:

REACHING BACK TO 1983, Who guitarist and principle songwriter Pete Townshend
began to disclose his personal demo recordings through an album entitled
Scoop
. The 25-track double-disc set unearthed significantly developed songs, many
of which the Who had then recorded themselves b "Magic Bus," "Love Reign
Ober Me" and "Behind Blue Eyes," for example. Also included, however, were
unfinished works like "Dirty Water," "Recorders" and "Body Language." In
1987, Townshend unleashed a second set under the same theme: Another Scoop.
Just last fall, he issued the third part of the program, Scoop 3, through his
official Web site, EelPie.com.
On May 21, Redline Entertainment cherry-picks from those three works to
create Scooped, a two-CD package housing 35 tracks in sum.
We contacted Townshend via e-mail, who tells ICE, "I had more or less stopped
writing songs especially for The Who when I began my solo career in earnest
with Empty Glass [1980]. But with the first Scoop, I wanted to show that I
had a private life in my studio and home b I loved what I did. I still love
what I do in my home studios. Such things are common now, and I think I
helped make home studios what they are today, both by helping develop the
portastudio and encouraging musicians to prove their work on demos before
going into the big studio. Bands like U2 have always been an exception to
this, but I still find myself more interested in solitary composers than
group discoveries."