Re: Rolling Stones Tour Kick-off

> So what's the deal with The Stones having these huge Tour-kick-off events,
> complete with Stones-blimp and media, etc., and The Who has nothing.
> I don't get it.

This has got me kind of pissed off, too.  What's with The Who & the non-
promotion for this year's tour?

Goddamned Rolling Stones.  Stealing all the thunder.  *They* get front page
blurbs in the newspapers.  Does the general public even know The Who are
touring this Summer?  No.

Guess what, people?  We're all gonna have to answer those dumb questions
from people when we tell them we're seeing The Who in concert this Summer.

"The Who?  Are they still touring?  You're going to see *them*?  I didn't know
*they* were still doing shows."

Why can't The Who do a small press conference & maybe drop a few hints
about an upcoming studio album.  *That's* newsworthy, correct?  Even if they
balk on the album, they'll still get press for the tour.

Maybe *all* the shows would be sell-outs then.  The public's stupid.  They
need to be told what's hip.  They only respond to a buzz.

Where's the Who buzz?  I don't hear it.  No newspaper blurbs on The Who.
Big secret tour.  The Who's Magical Secret Tour.  Find the hidden tour.
Shhhhhhh....don't tell anyone.  Big secret Who tour.  Shhhhh.....

- SCHRADE in Akron