Re: Those rascally Stones!

I'll bet they got this creative idea from their old friends The
Who--the same place Claption got his idea of touring in short legs.
The boys are pioneering creative new structures in touring.

Not only does this plan allow for more variety on the tour (fun for the
musicians), but also it takes some of the pressure off to fill huge
venues at every stop and (likely) confuses the hell out of critics.
Plus, fans get to bid the $50 asking price at the small venues up to
$5000.

LB

> How about those rascally Stones??  Their new tour is definitely the
> most interesting ( at least venue-wise) that I've ever seen.  For
> example, in the New York market, MSG one night, Giant's Stadium
> another, and the Roseland ballroom yet another.  How the heck are
> they ever going to adjust their sound from place to place?  Can you
> imagine if our boys tried that?  Poor Bobby!!  Either he or Pete
> would be dead in two weeks!  Also interesting price structure,
> with top price at MSG over $300, yet the small venue is just
> 50 bucks! If you can get them!  Please tell me that our boy's
> gig at Jones Beach doesn't go on sale the same day as the
> Stones public sale this Saturday.....The horror!  The horror!
>
>  -  Terry

=====
...you're dicing with the devil.  ;)
http://shopping.yahoo.com